Tuesday, July 20, 2010

20 July 1970

Monday
20 July 1970

I’m out of the hospital!  I was discharged this morning, early.  My temperature had been down to normal all night, so I guess the doctor figured it was a good time to get me out of his hair!  Ha.

They never did figure out what was wrong with me, and they did absolutely nothing to cure my illness. I just got well by myself.  So, you see, I could have just stayed in my quarters for those three days and just sweat it out.

Of course - if it had been malaria - well! 


Life over here is just hour by hour because you never know what’ll happen to upset your plans.  Just like my getting sick almost upset R&R - and I could get sick again, I hope not!

I’m not flying tomorrow because I want to make sure I’m well.  Instead, I’ll stand ODO, and just rest some more, and then start flying the next day.   Although I’m unhappy with the war, I do see the reason we’re here.  I just don’t agree with the way it’s being fought.

Sounds as if you really enjoyed your trip to Oklahoma and you sure got to see a lot of people.  I suppose we will go up through there on our way to Cherry Point.  I suppose you’ve already figured out by now that my squadron was not the one which went to Japan.  That squadron was a reconnaissance squadron with special F-4’s and A-6’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment