Saturday, September 11, 2010

11 September 1970

Friday night
11 September 1970

Looks as though I’ll be leaving Chu Lai tomorrow!!!!!  The rest of our F-4's are leaving in the morning and I should leave sometime after lunch.  Weather permitting!  We are going to Okinawa instead of Cubi Point, and I’m glad about that.  I’m almost afraid to say it, but this is my last night in Chu Lai.

We had a fantastic floor show at the club tonight.  The group was from the Philippines and had some acts that were better than things I’ve seen on T.V. back in the world.  With all the talent they had I don’t know what they’re doing entertaining in Vietnam.

I spent today playing a game called “Risk”.  It’s a game with dice in which a person tries to conquer countries with his “armies”.  Some of us played it about five hours today, just to kill time.  The squadron has a bunch of these games, for some reason, and I happened to see this one this morning and decided I’d learn how to play it.  In the process of teaching myself several other people became interested, so we had a good time.  It’s amazing what we do to kill time these days.

I don’t have anything else to write about......

I just hope all the F-4's get out tomorrow so I can leave!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing!! I love seeing what my father might have seen while he served.

    ReplyDelete