Friday, September 3, 2010

6 September 1970

Sunday night
6 September 1970

15 (?) MORE DAYS!!

Most everyone here thinks we’ll be in El Toro by the 22nd.  I sure hope so.

I got cookies today and they are the best ones yet!!  They got here in only six days so they are very fresh.

Since I’m a standby crewman from here to Hawaii, I can’t leave Chu Lai until all the planes have left.  I will fly if someone gets sick, etc.  I hope we can get all the planes out of here on the 10th, so I can leave also!!

We had steaks at the mess hall tonight  and I ate two.  They were so good.  Right now I’m stuffing myself with cookies!  Ha.

I flew for 4 hours today!  All at one time.  And my seat was numb, literally, when we got back. It was a test flight.  That’s not as long, however, as it’ll take to fly from Hawaii to El Toro.  That leg will take over 6 hours.  That’s a long time to sit still, not use bathroom, etc.  But it’s well worth it.

Photo - Lt. Mike Breeding.  RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment