Saturday, April 17, 2010

17 April 1970

Friday morning
17 April 1970

Another day - another headache!!  We had requested four flights of air for this morning - and aren’t receiving any!

I got two Navy Times yesterday, but that’s all.

I think I’m already ready to go back to the bush!  Yesterday I spent about 14 hours in the COC.  I finally left about 10 last night to go to bed, but I was called back at 11 so the CO could tell me he didn’t need a C & C bird for today!!  A C & C bird is a Command and Control bird, helicopters, which we use for the CO to go out to the bush and visit the companies, or make visual reconnaissance, or any general purpose we have. 

Anyway - I have to make up the schedule for this helicopter and the Col. gets very upset if things don’t go exactly as planned.  A lot of times we can’t get the helicopter when we want it and the CO becomes quite difficult.  I usually spend my whole day just planning and worrying about the C & C and we only use it for about 1 to 11/2 hours.  Thank god we don’t have it requested for today.

We heard a new rumor this morning - that the artillery battalion which is supporting the 7th Marines, is to be pulled out of Vietnam by 15 June!  Which means the 7th Marines must be going out also.  Of course that only means I would go back to Chu Lai before my 100 days is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment