Sunday, April 25, 2010

25 April 1970

0630 Saturday
25 April 1970

Just finished my coffee - so will finish this letter.  During the night one of our ambush patrols killed 6 VC.  That’s an outstanding job - because it’s not often we see that many at one time - much less kill them.  The patrol had one of their men injured and we had to call in a medivac  to get him.  Other than that it was a quiet night for Charlie Co.

I saw 4 falling stars as I was trying to get to sleep and I made the same wish on every one.  So maybe they’ll come true!

We’re set up in the sand dunes, and the sand gets in everything.  This sand is whiter that the sand at Pensacola, and is very fine - almost like powder - so it clings to everything.   Fortunately there is some grass growing in this area, so the sand is not so bad.

I haven’t shaved in 3 days - so I badly need to. But first I have to see if I can find a well in this Ville.  I’d better get started.

Photo - Marines killing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment