Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monday
25 May 1970

We’re just now getting the magazines over here with all the stories and pictures about the Kent State episode.  From the way the stories are written - it’s not hard to see why people are upset about those killings.  I may be hardened - but I wonder just how objective those stories are.

I got a box of children’s clothes from my Grandma and cousin.  Instead of taking them back to Chu Lai, I gave them to the Chaplain here, and he’ll distribute them in the village here at Baldy.

So far I haven’t had any trouble with the Col this time as ALO - and everything is going very smoothly. Tomorrow I have to go to Danang to brief the helicopter people about something we’re going to do day after tomorrow.  It’s nothing much and I don’t understand why they need a detailed brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment