Sunday, March 14, 2010

14 March 1970


Saturday night
14 March 1970

I’m with the grunts!  I got to my battalion this afternoon.  I flew here from Da Nang by helicopter.  We’re about 20 miles south of Da Nang.  The actual battalion is out in the “bush” right now and I’ll be joining them tomorrow or the next day.  Needless to say, things are not nearly as nice as they were at Chu Lai  and I complained about how bad it was there, ha!!

My address is as I expected.

H&S Co.
1st Battalion, 7th Marines
1st MarDiv
FPO, San Francisco 96602

There is some artillery being fired right now, and every time the gun fires, I jump.

My living accommodations for the night is a cot in a large hooch with just four walls and a roof!  Quite depressing, I must say.  I fill a little like I did when I first came in country - my whole living pattern is messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment