Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9 March 1970

Monday night
9 March 1970

I spent six hours on the hot pad today and got scrambled once.  Our target was a “base camp”-actually a small village.  This place was way west of here in the mountains.  It was right next to a mountain stream with waterfalls and was very beautiful!  Such a shame that such a beautiful country has to be so ravished by war.

I’ve started packing up all the stuff I’m going to store - and it’s really amazing how much stuff I’ve accumulated in the time I’ve been here!

One of the squadrons here had some sabotage of it’s aircraft, like we had that time in 513.  So far it’s just been that one squadron, and I hope it stays that way.

By the time this arrives, I should have already left Chu Lai!

Photo - 1968 at Pensacola, Florida during training at Pensacola NAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment