Monday, March 8, 2010

8 March 1970

Sunday night
8 March 1970

No mail again today - but I’ll write anyway!

Tomorrow we go on the hot pad - so I have to spend my last week on that lousy hot pad!  I’m planning to leave Chu Lai as early as I can on the 14th, so I’ll spend all day the 13th getting packed and checked out.

I flew a BarCap today, a 3 hour mission up north.  Not very exciting and awfully tiresome!

Major Gibson gave me the enclosed picture today, but I had already sealed up last night’s letter.  I don’t think I’ve flown with him since the picture was taken.

It’s midnight now.  I worked on tomorrow’s flight schedule from 1930 ‘til 2300.  However I looked after me!  I don’t have anything until 1200 - so I can sleep late, as I did this morning.  While most guys are drinking and relaxing, I’m over working on the schedule, so I don’t feel a bit bad about having the morning off.  I only write the schedule for three days at a time then the other writer does it for three days. 

The picture sure makes me look burly!  More so than the ones I sent yesterday.  I don’t know why.  I’m just rattling on about nothing - it is late - so I’ll sign off now.

Photo - summer 1968, Pensacola, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment