Sunday, January 17, 2010

17 January 1970


Saturday night
17 January 1970

FAC school is finally over, and I have another impressive diploma to add to my collection!!  We had a 100 question test as a final, and I did fairly well, if I do say so.  I missed 14 questions.  The high man missed 10 and the low man missed 41!  The high man on the final was the same guy who was high on that first test they gave us.  And he’s a RIO.

There is another strike starting Monday, to last five days.  It’s a good thing the school is over and we’ll be leaving.  All leave and liberty has been cancelled for all military personnel in Okinawa!  Only people on official business can leave the base.

I don’t know why all these precautions are being taken, unless they are expecting trouble of some kind.  The schools have been closed until further notice also!  These people are really upset because we’re cutting back.

I really don’t have to much to write tonight, as nothing particular has happened.  We had a General present our diplomas, which was surprising, considering the relative unimportance of the school.  He was a Brigadier  General, and is the Assistant Commanding General of the 3rd Marine Division,  stationed here at Okinawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment