Monday, January 25, 2010

25 January 1970


Sunday night
25 January 1970

This has been a very long day.  I’ve been on the hot pad all day long, after having the duty all night.  In fact, I’m on 30 minute standby right now for the hot pad, but I do get to sleep in my own bed tonight.

I was scrambled off the pad at 1600 for a real good CAS.  The target was a bunker complex and enemy troops.  We were given credit for 3 bunkers destroyed and 3 KBA (enemy killed by air).   This is my first confirmed KBA and I must say, it’s a funny feeling.  Those guys probably had wives!  But better them than me, I guess.

I have another roommate.  It’s Mike Breeding, the pilot I saw in Okinawa who came from 513.  He and I were in PLC together.  And now we’re roommates.  Small world.  Pat Skeldon is here also, but he is in another squadron.

No comments:

Post a Comment