Thursday, February 11, 2010

11 February 1970

Wednesday night
11 February 1970

I got a package today, with  Ritz crackers, Fritos, bean dip, and peanuts!

Rumors are really flying, now!   Some say we’ll be going to Japan, others say Hawaii, others say El Toro!  I hope someone is right instead of everyone being wrong!  Ha.

I flew twice today - once this morning, and a scramble off the hot pad this afternoon.  I now have 89 combat missions.  I’m also scheduled for a TPQ tonight at 0400.  So, I’ll get a split nights rest.  A good thing is that we’ll be off the hot pad after 0600 tomorrow - for 10 days.

My roommate bought a reefer!!  He bought it at the PX for $74.00.  He’s a bachelor and has plenty of money!   So I’ll be able to keep certain perishables, now. 

I haven’t had dinner yet, so I’m going to eat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment