Friday, February 5, 2010

5 February 1970

Thursday night
5 February 1970

No mail today for anyone!  I don’t have a lot of news tonight - in fact none at all!  Ha.

I flew twice today - and have now flown 11 missions already this month!  If this pace keeps up, I’ll be dead by the end of the month!!!  A nice rate of flying is two hops one day, then one hop the next, etc.  But two or three hops a day eventually wears a person out.

I flew with my roommate both times today.  We’re going to be flying together all the time since Major Gibson is leaving. 

The “truce” for Tet started tonight and will last for 24 hours, I guess.  We won’t be flying any missions in country, but will probably fly several out of country.

I sat out in the sun for 30 minutes at lunch today, and I now have a very nice sun burn on certain parts of my body - thighs, arms, stomach. I was surprised at how red I got just from 30 minutes.

I’ve been so busy flying the last week that I haven’t had time to play hardball.   But I’m still on my diet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment