Thursday, February 18, 2010

18 February 1970






Wednesday night
18 February 1970

Flew once today, a close air support mission, and mission number 100!  We had a little celebration.  Poured some champagne and received my 100 mission patch from the civilian representative of McDonnell-Douglas aircraft, the makers of the F-4.


Top photo - Pilot Kurt Wilbrecht sits in cockpit while "hot refueling" aircraft after return from mission.  [aircraft is fueled with engines running to save time]  RIO headed to line shack to start on post-mission paper work.  After aircraft is fueled, it is taxied to, and parked, in revetment to be loaded with ordnance and made ready for next mission.
Second photo - me getting ride in after 100th mission.  Normally would walk in!

Third photo - me pouring champagne for Kurt "the joker" Wilbrecht.
 
Fourth photo - me pouring champagne for the squadron commander who was pilot of the lead aircraft of the mission.
Fifth photo - me pouring champagne for the RIO of the lead aircraft.


Sixth photo - me receiving my 100 mission patch from the civilian representative of McDonnell-Douglas.
Seventh photo - me pouring champagne for my bridge partner, Russ.

1 comment:

  1. Great article. Thanks for posting the about 100th mission..

    ReplyDelete