Wednesday, August 11, 2010

11 August 1970

Tuesday night
11 August 1970

68 Days Left!

I flew two missions today, including one tonight - and still got to see the floor show (such as it was).  My mission tonight was a BARCAP off the coast of North Vietnam.  Just flying back and forth to keep the Migs from attacking our 7th fleet (fat chance).  Anyway, after we took off, my radar went bad - so the spare airplane (Russ Fyke) had to take off and replace us.  So I got back in time for the show.  Russ really wanted to go to the show and I didn’t really care one way or the other.  I only need 24 more missions.

Tomorrow night I have all-night defense platoon duty.  Means I have to stay up all night checking our defense positions - making sure all the men are awake, alert, etc.  not very exciting - and very tiring - so I hear.  I’ve never had this duty before.  Then the next night I have all night ODO.  I don’t mind these duties to much, for they help pass the time.

I spent 30 minutes in the sun today.  I figure just a little bit each day will be good.  The sun is so hot here that I can’t stand to stay out much longer than 30 minutes.

I would like very much some bean dip and Doritos or Fritos!!!  I prefer several small cans instead of the large cans.  It’s hard to keep left-over bean dip fresh.

Photo - Enjoyed the surf of Oahu on R and R.

No comments:

Post a Comment