Tuesday, August 24, 2010

24 August 1970

Monday night
24 August 1970

55 MORE DAYS!

I received a box of cookies and candy today.  They were carefully wrapped and are very fresh and delicious!

I went to Danang today with 115 and got back this afternoon about 1600.  122 is flying again tomorrow, but only two missions.  Since I can’t possibly get 200 missions now - I’m not flying tomorrow and letting some other guys fly who haven’t in awhile.

We ate at 1st MAW mess at lunch and had a very good meal.  It is reputedly one of the finest officer messes in Vietnam.  However it didn’t even begin to compare to good home cooking!!  I was wondering the other day what it’ll be like to eat home cooking again.

We had a very entertaining movie tonight.  “Horse in a Grey Flannel Suit” starred Dean Jones - one of those heart warming Walt Disney movies.  For the past week we’ve had some very good movies.  Perhaps they will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment