Saturday, August 28, 2010

28 August 1970

Friday night
28 August 1970

51 MORE DAYS!

I flew a CAS mission today, finally, and I now have a total of 188 missions.  The squadron is flying a little more now - but not much.

Our target today was a “known enemy location” - - - almost any given spot in South Vietnam could be called that!  So you see - it was another routine mission.  I no longer get any feeling of satisfaction from flying.  I suppose that’s why I gave up trying to get 200 missions.

It’s only been 3 weeks since R&R - but it seems like forever.  Time is really passing slowly now - because we’re all looking forward to leaving!!

The movie tonight was one I’d already seen - so -

Tomorrow night we’re supposed to see “Bullit” - I’m looking forward to that!


Photo - another pic from my days as a forward air controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment