Saturday, August 21, 2010

21 August 1970

Friday night.
21 August 1970

58 MORE DAYS!

I didn’t get to fly today - because of no airplanes!!!! And no TPQ’S tonight.  We’re supposed to leave Chu Lai about the 12th of Sept - flying 10 airplanes.  This morning we had two airplanes up and one of them went down before take off.  So I don’t see how we’ll ever get 10 planes ready to fly to Hawaii.  And I don’t know if I want to fly that far in any of our planes!  Ha.

I really don’t have much to write tonight because I just didn’t do anything today.  With no flying, life is very boring over here.  Although I now have about six jobs in the squadron, none of them require that I do anything - except at the first of the month.  So I just read a lot!  I figure that I’ve probably read between 75 and 100 books since I’ve been here.  Of course most of them have been typical paperback novels, the kind you can sit down and read in just a few hours.  If nothing else - I’ll bet I’ve improved my reading rate.

Photo - view of Chu Lai Officers Club from front of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment