Wednesday, September 16, 2009


Friday night
5 Dec. 1969

Today has been a bad day. I’ve been in the dumps all day. Also, I didn’t get any mail today - and we didn’t fly. So it’s been a bad day.

We had a squadron party this afternoon for all the enlisted men and officers. We had charcoal hamburgers and hot dogs plus all the beer you could drink. They had a few cokes, but as usual, not enough. I only got one.

They arranged for a band to play for us and it was an all girl band - the first one I’ve ever seen. They were Filipinos and were fairly good. One of them had a real good magic act.

Some of us got up a bridge game when we got tired of the band, so I spent most of the afternoon playing bridge. I slept all morning. The movie was pretty good, but it was one that left me filling lonely.

I gave up on that book I was reading and switched to a novel named Twelve O’clock High. It was about War World II. I read it yesterday afternoon and last night, and finished it.

Photo - on the way to the shower room.

No comments:

Post a Comment