Tuesday, September 15, 2009


Thursday night
4 Dec. 1969

My new roommate already has a cassette recorder and tapes, so I won’t have to save my money for that.

My day has been fairly routine. I was to fly this morning, but was canceled because of bad weather.

I got a lot of mail. Three letters, a tape and a notice from Esquire magazine.

I have the all night duty again tonight. I had it only 6 nights ago. Seems they are switching to using alphabetical order to assign it, so I got screwed!

Believe it or not, we had Dr. Peppers in the PX today - for about 3 hours - and I bought a case. I really couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw them. I understand they were all sold in no time at all. When we do get anything good in the PX you have to be there right then to get any of it. They have been getting a lot of good luggage lately, but it’s all been men’s two and three suiters.

Photo - Pilot Kurt Wilbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment