Monday, September 21, 2009


Wed. Night
10 Dec. 1969

This will have to be short because I have to get to sleep. I’ve been up since 0445 this morning, and I have a 0200 brief for a TPQ tomorrow morning.

I didn’t get any letters today, but did receive a Navy Times and Washington Post.

I was on the hot pad for 9 hours today, but did get to fly. We launched from the pad on a “migcap”, an air to air mission to protect B-52s from Migs from the north. We get two points for these missions.

It has rained all day, letting up to a drizzle at times.

We had a fairly good movie tonight. Che, the story of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. It starred Omar Sharif and Jack Palance.

I got the last slides I took, back today. Will try to get them mailed off tomorrow. The hot pad takes up most of my day and I’m unable to get to the post office during their open hours.

I’m so tired, I don’t think I’ll have any trouble at all getting to sleep!!

Photo - road past the front of my hooch. officer's club in distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment