Thursday, September 10, 2009


Sunday night
30 Nov. 1969

Today has been a much better day than yesterday because I had all the things today I didn’t have yesterday. I flew, got mail, had a good supper, and saw a good movie! The movie was If It’s Tuesday It Must be Belgium, a very good, funny movie. We had good charcoal steaks for supper, t-bones, and mine was real tender and just right!

My flight today was a CAS mission flown with Rich Hee, who was in 513 and has a charming wife. We had a good hop. I taped part of the mission, the part in the target area while we were bombing.

We played another game of bridge today. Russ and I got beat this time, but I’m beginning to get the hang of the game.

My jobs in the squadron are beginning to grow, but I still don’t have anything to do! They are all just “titles” really. I’m the motor transport officer, ground safety officer, and weapons control officer. Sounds impressive, but they don’t mean a thing!

Today, I finally started what I resolved to do several days ago. I worked out this morning!! I did it mostly to relieve the tensions that were building up in my system. I’m so out of shape, that I almost threw up after wards! I haven’t weighed for about a month, and I’m afraid to do so.

I don’t have a roommate, and I don’t want one. I just don’t think I could live with another guy. I’d be worried about waking him up, or keeping him awake, or whether I was bothering him, etc, etc.

Photo - Aircraft hanger at Chu Lai. Notice the plywood enclosures. Outdoor urinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment